Plan ahead & make batches of this delicious goulash, so you’ve always got something homemade & nutritious on busy days.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500 g braising or stewing beef, diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 ml beef stock
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mushroom ketchup
- 6 tbsp fullfat-crème fraiche
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C/160 C Fan/ Gas Mark 4
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Brown the beef on all sides until golden, then transfer on to a plate.
- Add the onion to the pan with the red pepper and fry for 2 minutes. Return the beef to the pan and coat in the onion mixture. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and place in the over for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and add the remaining ingredients. Bring back to the boil, cover and return to the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the beef is tender.
- Serve with rice or mash.