Hello Kitty Cupcakes
Everyone loves Hello Kitty so make these adorable cupcakes made with lemons & sultanas.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 175g butter
- 3 large eggs
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g sultanas
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100g butter softened
- 200g icing sugar
- 10g pink gel food colouring
- 500g ready to roll royal icing
- 1 black icing pen
- 1 yellow icing pen
- 12 pink flowers
- Preheat the oven to 160 C Fan.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Measure the butter, eggs, caster sugar, flour, baking powder, sultanas and lemon zest into a large bowl.
- Spoon into the cases and bake for about 25 minutes until well risen and springing back when touched.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the pink icing, measure the butter, milk and half of the icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Whisk until fluffy, then add the remaining icing, whisk again . Add the pink icing colour and stir.
- Pipe onto each muffin using a fluted nozzle.
- Roll out the royal icing to 1 1/2 cm thick. Stamp out 12 round shapes using a 5 1/2 cm round cutter.
- Cut out 24 small triangles to make the ears, and mould them onto the face. Roll out the face with a rolling pin to make the face a more oval wider shape.
- Score the eyes, nose and whiskers using a cocktail stick. Fill in the eyes and whisker with a black pen and a yellow marker for the nose. Stick a flower in the eat using some yellow icing.
- Place the face onto the cupcake on top of the pink icing.