Heart-Shaped Strawberry Cheesecake
We can’t think of a more delicious way to show someone you love them than with this heart-shaped strawberry cheesecake!
For the filling
- 350g/12oz strawberries, halved
- 200g/7oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 5 leaves gelatine
- 400g/14oz full fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the biscuit base
- 100g/4oz digestive biscuits crushed
- 50g/2oz butter melted
- Put the strawberries, caster sugar and water into a saucepan.
- Simmer until the strawberries are soft and the sugar has dissolved. Pass the mixture through a sieve and into a bowl and allow to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in cold water and leave for about 5 minutes. Squeeze any water from the gelatine, then add to the warm strawberry mixture, stirring until dissolved, Leave to cool completely.
- To make the base, put the biscuits into a freezer bad and crush with a rolling pin. Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter, then press firmly into the bases of four heart-shaped springform tins.
- Put the cream cheese and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Slowly add the cold strawberry mixture and whisk until smooth, then carefully spoon into the tins.
- Transfer to the fridge and leave to set for about 4 hours or as long as possible.
- decorate with extra strawberries.