Hungry? These homemade burgers taste great when made with good quality beef with no hidden nasties.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 450 g lean minced beef or lamb
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (chopped)
- 1 beef stock cube, finely crumbled
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1/2 lightly beaten egg
- 60 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a little flour
- vegetable oil for frying, or brushing a griddle pan
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sautéed onion together with all the other ingredients. With floured hands, form into 10 burgers.
- Fry the burgers into a little hot oil in a large shallow frying pan on a high heat to brown and seal, then lower the heat and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn them over and continue to cook for about 4 minutes.
- Alternatively, brush a griddle pan with a little oil and, when hot, place 4 burgers on the griddle and cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining burgers.