The treat part of ‘trick or treat’ night. Get your spook on with these fun gingerbread skeletons over Halloween. The kids will love them!
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 45g softened butter
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 60g golden syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 170g plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 150g fondant icing
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick paper.
- Measure the butter and sugar into a bowl until light and fluffy using a hand whisk. Add the syrup and egg yolk and whisk again. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the mixture comes together. Knead into a ball.
- Roll out on a floured work surface. Cut out 12 skeletons using a gingerbread cutter. Place onto the baking sheet. Chill for 20 minutes then bake for 15 to 18 minutes until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing with the water to make a smooth consistency. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle. Pipe white lines onto the cookies to make the bones on the skeleton.
- Leave to set for 30 minutes.