Giant Couscous Salad
This is one of my favourite salads. I like the mix of the soft couscous with the crunchy vegetables and pecans and the soy, mirin and red onion dressing is amazing. Giant Couscous, is not in fact couscous at all. It is made from small balls of pasta and it has a lovely bouncy texture. All ages are going to love this one!
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 200g giant couscous
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 100g tinned sweetcorn
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 30g cranberries, chopped
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions, drain and leave to cool.
- Add the red pepper, sweetcorn, carrot, chives, cranberries and pecans.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan. add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the remaining oil, soy sauce, mirin and rice wine vinegar. Swirl around the pan, then pour over the couscous. Toss and season well.