A tasty way to cool down this summer. Gazpacho is a refreshing tomato-based soup, traditionally served cold.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
For the Gazpacho:
- 1 kg very ripe red tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded & chopped
- 25 g bread, torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 150 ml water
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 red pepper, deseeded & finely diced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Put the tomatoes into a pan of boiling water for 20 seconds , drain , then peel off the skin. Slice in half, remove the seeds and roughly chop the flesh.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, bread, sherry vinegar, olive oil and water into a food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a jug. Season well, then chill for 2 hours.
- Pour the tomato mixture into four soup bowls and garnish with the cucumber , pepper and chives.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil before serving.