Funny Face Noodle Stir Fry
Food needs to look good before little ones will go in for the win, so why not serve-up this funny little fella with runny eggs for eyes!
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 60g raw chicken, sliced into small thin strips
- 50 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 20g yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 20g red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ½ small clove garlic, crushed
- 60g cooked egg noodles
- 25g cooked edamame beans or peas (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- Extra red pepper to decorate
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok. When hot, add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- Add the carrot, peppers, spring onions and garlic to the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Snip the cooked noodles into short lengths about 5cm long and add to the pan with the edamame beans and sweet chilli sauce. Fry for 2 minutes, then return the chicken to the pan.
- Meanwhile, put the egg into a small saucepan. Cover with cold water and a lid. Bring up to the boil, then boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the shell and slice in half. The yolk will be soft but still runny.
- Arrange the eggs to look like eyes on top of the noodles. Put two edamame beans on top to make eye balls. Make a nose and mouth out of the extra red pepper.