Fruity Chicken with Apricots & Sweet Potato
Entice your babies with this fruity chicken puree, which tastes yummy on its own or with 4 tablespoons of cooked rice or pasta.
- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 1 small/ medium onion, chopped (approx. 50 g)
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 75 g chicken breast or thigh , cut into pieces
- 1 small medium sweet potato (approx. 150g), chopped
- 20g dried apricots, chopped
- 330 ml passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 150ml unsalted or weak chicken stock, or water
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and sauté for 2–3 minutes until sealed.
- Add the sweet potato, apricots, passata and stock or water. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Finely chop or blend until it reaches the desired consistency.