Frozen Yogurt & Granola Bites
A healthy twist on a kids favourite snack – the muffin. Ideal for a mid-morning re-fuel after some serious outdoor play.
- 2 x 150g pots of vanilla yogurt
- 150g mixed berries such as raspberries and blueberries
- 150g porridge oats
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 40g raisins
- 40g dried cranberries, chopped
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- To make your granola. Preheat the oven to 150C fan. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix the oats and coconut in a bowl. Add the oil and maple syrup. Coat the oats and pour onto the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, turning from time to time until lightly golden. Leave to cool. Add the fruits and seeds.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Sprinkle a little granola into each of the muffin cases and then top with full fat vanilla yoghurt and some fresh berries. Put in the freezer to set.
- Any leftover granola will keep in a sealed container for a couple of weeks and is delicious for breakfast with yogurt or milk and berries.