Fairy Broomsticks with Snow White & Red Rose Dips
Have a wicked Halloween with these edible broomsticks – a spellbinding addition to your party spread.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
For the Broomsticks:
- grissini sticks or sesame seed sticks
- mini twiglets or pretzels
For the Red Rose Dip:
- 50 g drained sunblush tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 basil leaves
- 110 g cream cheese (reduced fat is fine)
- 6 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp milk
- crudités and breadsticks to serve
For the Snow White Dip:
- 1 x 400 g tin canellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2-1 clove garlic (according to taste)
- grated zest 1 large lemon plus 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- white pepper, to season
- To make the broomsticks – Attach the mini Twiglets to the Grissini sticks with some string and then tie chives around them. The chives will be easier to tie if you put them in the microwave for a few seconds first.
- To make the red rose dip – Put all of the ingredients except the milk into a food processor and season with salt and pepper. Whiz until smooth. Add 1/2 tbsp of the oil from the tomatoes and 1 tsp milk and whiz again, adding the extra teaspoon of milk if the dip is too thick. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed. Serve with crudités and breadsticks for dipping.
- To make the snow white dip – Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and season to taste with salt and white pepper. Whiz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed. Serve with crudités and breadsticks for dipping.