If you’re a cupcake making newbie, then this is the perfect starter recipe. You can change the ingredients to make different flavoured cakes & add all sorts of icings & decorations. This easy cupcakes recipe is a favourite at children’s birthday parties and always feature as one of the most popular baking recipes in our collection. But don’t let the lack of party occasion deter you from letting your baking creativity run wild. Why not whip up a batch of lovely home-made cupcakes today?
Easy Cupcakes Recipe
Easy Cupcakes Recipe
110 g caster sugar
110 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Fillings and Flavour Suggestions
You can add a filling to the cupcake by cutting a cone from the middle of each cake with a serrated knife. Fill the hole with jam, lemon curd or one of these fabulous fillings:
Raspberry and Chocolate Cupcakes
Fill each cake with 1 tsp seedless raspberry jam and ice with chocolate buttercream.
Fill each with 1 tsp lemon curd. Ice with lemon buttercream.
Fill each with 1 tsp dulche de leche, ice with a single quantity of vanilla buttercream and top with sliced banana
Chocolate Cream Cupcakes
Mix 75g mascarpone with 2 tbsp double cream and quarter tsp vanilla. Put 1 tsp of this in the centre of each cupcake. Ice with chocolate buttercream.
Buttercream Icing Suggestions
For plain buttercream, beat 110g butter until soft, then beat in 110g icing sugar, a tablespoon at a time.
For vanilla buttercream, add half teaspoon vanilla extract and beat to combine.
For lemon buttercream, beat in 1 tbsp lemon juice- add 1 tsp at a time and taste after each addition.
For chocolate buttercream, beat in quarter tsp vanilla, 60g (2oz) melted and cooled milk chocolate and 2 tbsp cocoa powder.
Similar products you might enjoy!