Easter Chick Cupcakes
Round up your little chicks & have a cracking time making these adorable cupcakes. They are super fun to decorate too.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
For the Cupcakes
- 110 g butter at room temperature
- 110 g caster sugar
- 110 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Icing:
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g icing sugar, sieved
- 50 g cream cheese
- yellow food colouring
- black writing icing
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas 4.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl; and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat all of the icing ingredients together until smooth.
- Add a couple of drops of food colouring until you get the colour you want.
- Spread onto the cold cupcakes.
- Make 2 M&M’s into the beak and draw on eyes.