Dracula Buttermilk Pancakes
Start Halloween as you mean to go on with these delicious Dracula Buttermilk Pancakes. Get your spook on first thing in the morning with this spellbinding breakfast treat.
- 175g self raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 20g caster sugar
- 150g buttermilk
- 150ml milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 40g butter, melted
- Assorted nuts & seeds such as a pumpkin and sunflower seeds, almonds and cashews
- Measure the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar into a bowl. Mix the egg, buttermilk, milk and butter together in another bowl. Gently whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth and without any lumps.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Spoon two large spoonfuls of mixture in the centre of the pan to make a large pancake measuring 14cm wide.
- Fry over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip over to cook for another 2 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Decorate your Dracula pancakes using bananas, berries, dates, nuts and seeds.