Dairy & Egg Free Chocolate Cake
A delicious & easy to prepare chocolate cake for those of you who have a cow’s milk or egg allergy.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 175g sunflower oil
- 75g golden syrup
- 10g pure vanilla extract
- 500ml boiling water
- 200g caster sugar
- 60g cocoa powder, sieved
- 450g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g dairy free margarine
- 75g soya soft cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g dairy free chocolate
- 8 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Grease and Line the bases of 2 x 20 cm sandwich tins.
- Whisk the oil, syrup, vanilla and water into a large mixing bowl. Add the cocoa powder, flour , caster sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda until light and fluffy. Spoon into the tins and level the tops.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until well risen and firm in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing . Whisk the margarine , soft cheese and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until runny. Leave to cool, then add to the icing.
- Put one cake on a stand. Warm the jam then brush over the top of the cake. Spread one third of the icing on our top and spread out to the edges. Place a second cake on top a brush with jam. Spread the icing over the top and around the sides of the cake to completely cover.
- Decorate with chopped or grated chocolate . Dust with icing sugar.