Crispy Baked Cod with Sweet Potato Chips
Fish and chips can still very much be on the menu if you’re trying to put more healthy food on the family table – simply make a few tweaks so it’s less ‘naughty’ and more nutritious.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40g/1½oz cornflakes, crushed
- 2 skinless cod fillets (about 150g/5oz)
- Salt and pepper
Sweet Potato Chips
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 and line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Put the flour in a bowl, the beaten egg in another bowl and the crushed cornflakes in a third bowl.
- Season the cod with a little salt and pepper and coat each fillet in the flour, then the egg, then the crushed cornflakes. Arrange the coated fillets on one of the lined baking sheets.
- Toss the sweet potato wedges with the oil, season lightly with
salt and pepper and spread them out on the second lined
baking sheet. Put the sweet potato chips in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning the chips halfway through the cooking time. When you turn the chips, add the fish to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Remove the chips and baked cod from the oven and serve straight away, with the cod wrapped in paper cones if you wish.