Quesadillas, pronounced ke-sah-dee-uh, is a popular Mexican tortilla dish where veggies, meat & cheese is layered between two wraps – just like a sandwich.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red or orange pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1 x 198 g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 heaped tbsp salsa (mild or medium , according to your taste)
- 100 g grated Cheddar
- sour cream or guacamole
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and stir fry the onion and pepper for 3 minutes. Add the corn and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, or until the onion and pepper are soft. Add the balsamic vinegar and honey and cook for a further minute, then remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Spread each tortilla with a tablespoon of salsa. Scatter a little cheese over the salsa and divide the corn mixture between the tortillas. Top with two thirds of the remaining cheese, roll up and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Preheat the grill to high and grill the quesadillas for 1 – 2 minutes until the filling is hot and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole (optional).