Fish is packed with protein, iron, Vitamin C & antioxidants, which is why our finned friends are so important for growing babies. This recipe is a great intro to fish.
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 5 cm leek, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato (approx 120g), diced
- 100 ml unsalted stock or water
- 75 ml milk
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 100 g fresh boneless cod fillet, or other white fish, skinned & chopped into cubes
- 15 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the leek and sauté gently, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the potato and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock or water and milk. Bring up to the boil, cover and simmer for 8 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the spinach and cod and stir over the heat for 3 minutes or until the spinach has wilted and the cod is cooked.
- Stir in the cheese and puree until smooth or your desired consistency in a food processor or place in a bowl and use a hand blender.
- For older babies, mash with a fork.