Cod in White Wine & Chive Sauce
If you’re new to cooking fish, then this recipe is tasty introduction. It’s quick, easy & deliciously creamy. Serve with rice & some greens.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 150 ml white wine
- 150 ml fish stock
- 150 ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 200 g cod fillet, skinned & cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Put the shallot into a saucepan with the wine. bring to the boil and reduce by two-thirds.
- Pour in the fish stock and reduce again by half.
- Add the double cream and simmer for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the lemon, sugar and chives.
- Stir until it has thickened and season to taste.
- Add the cod to the pan and coat in the sauce, then spoon into an oven-proof dish and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until hot and the fish is cooked.
- Serve with crushed new potatoes.