Coconut Milk Chicken Curry
Kids love a mild curry and this is one of my all-time favourites. It’s all made in one pan and very quick and easy. Great served with fluffy rice and crisp Poppadums.
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium apple peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g baby corn cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 tbsp korma curry paste (Patak)
- 1/2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 150ml low fat coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 150ml boiling water
- 100g frozen peas
- A little salt and black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and stir fry the chicken for about 4 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes, then add the apple and baby corn and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the korma curry paste, mango chutney, tomato puree, coconut milk, chicken stock and chicken pieces and summer for about 12 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste.