Kids will love this Cobb salad – it’s garnished with all their favourite toppings.
Did you know that runny or soft-boiled eggs are safe for babies / toddlers to eat? Find out more here
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- 150 g/5 oz Gruyère cheese, diced
- 1–2 ripe avocados, halved, stoned, peeled and chopped
- 3 British Lion eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 rashers of streaky smoked bacon, grilled and chopped (optional)
- Sprig of basil, to serve
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons runny honey or maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil (or whatever olive oil you have to hand)
1. Arrange all the salad ingredients on a round plate or serving board. Garnish with the basil in the centre.
2. Place all the dressing ingredients in a jug or jar, and whisk or shake until well blended. Serve the dressing alongside the salad.