Cinnamon Almond Granola
There’s nothing better than homemade granola. This simple Cinnamon Almond Granola recipe makes the perfect breakfast treat.
- 250g rolled oats
- 25g desiccated coconut
- Half tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- Large pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil plus extra for greasing
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 50g flaked almonds (you can vary the nuts e.g.: pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts)
- 75g soft dried ready to eat apricots cut into raisin sized pieces
- 55g raisins or cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F’Gas2. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Put the oats, coconut, cinnamon, sugar and salt in a large bowl and stir together.
- Drizzle over the oil and honey and stir until everything is thoroughly combined. Stir in the almonds. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Stir again and bake for a final 5 to 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Transfer the granola to a large bowl and leave to cool. Stir in the raisins and apricots and store in an airtight container.