Wholegrain cereals are a good source of iron & are absorbed well when eaten with fruit. For this Christmas recipe, try layering the granola with yoghurt, honey & mixed berries.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 175 g rolled oats
- 70 g coarsely chopped pecans
- 20 g shredded/desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120 g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp canola or sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 25 g dried cranberries
- 25 g raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 150ºC/300ºF/Gas 2. Put the oats, nuts, coconut, salt and sugar in a large bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk the oil and syrup together in a jug or small bowl.
- Pour over the oats and mix well.
- Spread out on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in the centre of the oven for 40–45 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the raisins and cranberries, leave to cool.