Colour is key to this vibrant layered salad, so make sure you add lots of carrots, sweetcorn, lettuce & tomatoes.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
To make the Salad:
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 50 g lettuce, shredded
- 50 g carrot, grated
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced (or use chopped turkey breast)
- 85 g tinned sweetcorn
- 2 small spring onions, sliced
- 60 g Red Leicester cheese, grated or diced roquefort or gruyere cheese
- 1 large or 2 small avocados diced
- 3 tomatoes, skinned & chopped
To make the Dressing
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp double cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the shells from the boiled eggs. Chop the egg whites and sieve the egg yolks. Layer up the salad in a flat-bottomed glass bowl in the order given, with the shredded lettuce first, then the grated carrot and so on.
- Add the remaining layers and then cover with the chopped egg white and top with the sieved egg yolk.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard and sugar. Finally, whisk in the double cream and season to taste. Pour over the assembled salad.