Chocolate Orange Shortbread
This is a fun and tasty chocolate orange shortbread recipe from our baking collection that the whole family will love. Make sure you use cold butter for these or the dough will be too soft. If necessary you can wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes before rolling out.
For “Gluten-free” alternative, replace the Semolina with 60g Polenta and the Plain Flour with a gluten-free alternative.
- 85g caster sugar
- 85g semolina or 60g Polenta for a glute-free alternative
- 175g plain flour or 175g gluten-free plain flour
- 175g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 75g orange & milk chocolate bar, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C/Gas 4. Line two baking sheets with non stick paper.
- Put the sugar, semolina (or polenta if using), flour & butter into a food processor.
- Whiz together until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs, then whiz a little longer until the dough just comes together.
- Tip out onto a floured surface. Add the chocolate & gently knead until the dough just comes together.
- Roll out & cut into rounds using a 6 cm round cutter. Place on the baking sheets & prick the biscuits with a fork. Bake for about 11 minutes until pale golden.
- Leave to cool, then transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle with a little extra sugar if you like.