Chocolate Orange Shortbread
Make sure you use cold butter for these or the dough will be too soft. I f necessary you can wrap the dough in cling film & put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes before rolling out.
- 85g caster sugar
- 85g semolina
- 175g gluten-free plain flour
- 175g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 75g orange & milk chocolate bar, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C/Gas 4. Line two baking sheets with non stick paper.
- Put the sugar, semolina, flour & butter into a food processor.
- Whiz together until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs, then whiz a little longer until the dough just comes together.
- Tip out onto a floured surface. Add the chocolate & gently knead until the dough just comes together.
- Roll out & cut into rounds using a 6 cm round cutter. Place on the baking sheets & prick the biscuits with a fork. Bake for about 11 minutes until pale golden.
- Leave to cool, then transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle with a little extra sugar if you like.