Chocolate Coated Strawberries
Quick, easy and delicious, your little ray of sunshine will have a ball helping to dip and decorate these stunning strawberries.
- 400g large ripe strawberries with long stems
- 200g white chocolate
- Pink food colouring
- White chocolate stars
- Freeze dried strawberry pieces
- Rinse the strawberries and pat dry (ensure these are completely dry).
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water or in a microwave.
- Divide the chocolate into two bowls and add a little pink food colouring to one bowl.
- Dip the strawberries one by one into the melted pink chocolate or white chocolate coating them ¾ of the way up. Lift and twist the strawberry as you pull it out of the chocolate letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the strawberries onto the parchment, do not move or touch them once you have set them down.
- Once the chocolate coating has set pour the remainder of the melted chocolate into two separate piping bags – pour into the corner of a plastic bag and cut a very small tip off the corner of the bag. Gently squeeze the pink or white chocolate through the hole in the corner, drizzling the chocolate in a thin stream on top of the coated strawberries.