Chicken & Wild Mushroom Risotto
Annabel’s Chicken & Wild Mushroom Risotto is great as a starter or a main course. Serve by itself or with a side salad.
- 500g chicken thighs, chopped into small slices/cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150 g risotto rice
- 100 ml white wine
- 500 ml chicken stock (hot)
- 350 g mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 heaped tbsp mascarpone
- 30 g Parmesan, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Put the chicken thighs into a small roasting tin. Season and roast for 30-40 minutes until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Spoon out all of the juices from the tin into a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and stir over the heat.
- Slowly add the stock, a ladle full at a time, until the rice is nearly tender. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Just before the end add the mushroom, mascarpone and chopped chicken.
- Stir for a few minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Remove from the heat and add the Parmesan.
Crispy Chicken Skins (optional)
- Remove the skin off the chicken and put onto a baking sheet.
- Put back into the oven for about 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Snip into pieces.