Chicken and Veg Stir Fry
Suitable from 18 months. Chicken is an ideal “growth” food as it’s packed with protein and vitamin B12.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced into batons
- 250 g brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan or wok. Toss the chicken in the honey and season. Fry the chicken over a high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Add the onions and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and peppers and courgette and fry for 3 minutes. Add the cooked chicken.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes until just cooked and then add them to the other vegetables. Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and hoi sin sauce and season to taste. Heat through and toss together. Serve with rice.