Chicken with Tomatoes & Orzo Pasta
Pasta dishes are good for a gradual way of introducing texture to your baby’s food.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 125g orzo pasta
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml passata
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into strips
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Add the onion and pepper and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and paprika and fry for 30 seconds . Add the sugar , balsamic vinegar and orzo. Stir to coat in the mixture . Add the stock and passata. Bring up to the boil and cover and simmer until cooked through for about 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is cooked. Add the thyme and tomatoes and stir until the tomatoes have softened slightly.
- Season the chicken . Fry in a hot frying pan until lightly golden and cooked through. Add to the pasta.