Chicken Soup Recipe
Left over roast chicken? This recipe is great for using up leftovers & filling a hole in tums.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion (50g) chopped
- 1 medium carrot (85g) diced
- 650 ml good chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 50 g frozen peas
- 85 g tinned sweetcorn
- 55 g cooked rice
- 110 g cooked chicken
- salt & pepper
- Sauté the onion in the oil gently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot, stock and thyme and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until the carrot softens.
- Add the peas and sweetcorn and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Shred the chicken into pieces and add to the soup, together with the cooked rice and simmer for 2 minutes to reheat.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.