Peanut butter is packed full of energy as well as folic acid, calcium & zinc, so dunk in your chicken for a satisfying taste. This chicken satay is high in protein so highly nutritious. It is a great choice for dinner or any main meal. It also works really well as a snack or finger food for the grownups when entertaining.
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
4 chicken breasts, cut into long strips
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp crushed dried chillies or 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (or to taste)
100 g peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
75 ml coconut milk
75 ml water
1 tsp soft brown sugar
8 wooden or bamboo skewers
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade
- Flatten the chicken, cover with cling film and carefully bash it with a rolling pin. Cut each breast lengthways into 4 or 5 strips
- Marinate the chicken for between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 20 minutes – this stops them from burning or charring when cooking
- To make the peanut sauce, heat the vegetable oil in a pan and sauté the onion and chillies (if using) for 4 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients (including sweet chilli sauce if using)
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then cook for 2 minutes until thickened
- Pre-heat the grill
- Thread the chicken strips onto the skewers and grill for about 4 minutes each side, turning occasionally
- Serve 2 skewers each with some of the dipping sauce
Similar products you might enjoy!