Pregnant? Pittas are a good source of protein, carbs & vitamins that you need during pregnancy.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
For the Dish:
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled & sliced
- 1 skinless & boneless chicken breast
- 40 g watercress
- 1/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ripe plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 pitta breads
- salt & pepper to season
For the Marinade:
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano (optional) or pinch of dried oregano
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Score the chicken 3 or 4 times with a sharp knife and place in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Heat the griddle until very hot, brush with a little oil and put the chicken on it. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes turning halfway through.
- Remove from the pan and slice into strips, season to taste.
- Cut each pitta bread into half and brush with any remaining marinade and place on the griddle for about 1 minute each side.
- Remove from the pan.
- Toss the watercress with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and arrange the chicken, avocado, tomatoes and watercress into each of the pitta pockets.
- Add seasoning if desired and serve immediatley.