I love this recipe. It’s very simple to make and the tomato and basil sauce with the mini mozzarella balls is delicious and complements the chicken coated in Panko breadcrumbs perfectly!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- Dash of sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts sliced in 3
- 50g plain flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 75g Panko breadcrumbs
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 mini mozarella balls
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Cover and bring up to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken on a board. Cover with clingfilm the bash until thin. Season (not for babies under 1) and coat in plain flour. Dip into egg, then into Panko breadcrumbs. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and saute the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Spread the sauce into the base of a shallow ovenproof dish. Put the chicken on top and scatter over tomatoes and mozzarella. Put under the grill for 5-8 minutes until bubbling and cooked through and the cheese has melted.