Chicken with Mozzarella, Cherry Tomatoes & Basil
I love this recipe. It’s very simple to make and the tomato and basil sauce with the mini mozzarella balls is delicious and complements the chicken coated in Panko breadcrumbs perfectly!
This lovely recipe is taken from Annabel’s most recent recipe book Real Food Kids Will Love
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- Dash of sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts sliced in 3
- 50g plain flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 75g Panko breadcrumbs
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 mini mozarella balls
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Cover and bring up to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken on a board. Cover with clingfilm the bash until thin. Season (not for babies under 1) and coat in plain flour. Dip into egg, then into Panko breadcrumbs. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and saute the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Spread the sauce into the base of a shallow ovenproof dish. Put the chicken on top and scatter over tomatoes and mozzarella. Put under the grill for 5-8 minutes until bubbling and cooked through and the cheese has melted.