)Its important to get your baby chewing at quite a young age and couscous is quick to prepare and has a soft texture perfect for weaning your baby off smooth purees. It will also help with speech development as babies use the same muscles for speech as they do for chewing.
- 200ml chicken stock (weak)
- 80g couscous
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 50g courgette, diced
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 70g cooked chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan, grated
- Bring the stock to the boil. Put the couscous into a bowl. Pour over the stock. Stir and cover with clingfilm. Leave for 15 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes . Add the courgette / zucchini and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes . Add the tomatoes and cook for one minute. Add the chicken and basil.
- Add the mixture to the couscous and season lightly for babies over one . Stir in the Parmesan.