Cherub’s Chickpea Patties
This is a great recipe for those trying out baby-led weaning.
- 100g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 100g sweet potato , peeled and diced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 150g drained chickpeas
- 50g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme , chopped
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp. sundried tomato paste
- A few drops Worcestershire sauce
- A little plain flour
- Put the squash and sweet potato into a steamer. Steam for 10 minutes until just cooked , leave to cool.
- Measure the remaining ingredients including the cold vegetables into a processor. Whiz until roughly chopped. Spoon into a bowl. Shape into 10 patties and coat in flour. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan . Add the patties and fry for 3 minutes on both sides until lightly golden and heated through.