Cheesy Vegetable & Cashew Nut Burgers
These burgers are very tasty and cashew nuts are a very rich source of essential vitamins like iron and zinc. They are also a good source of antioxidants.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 50 g roasted cashew nuts
- 50 g white breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 50 g cheddar, grated
- 150 g sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 leek, chopped
- 100 g brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- a little flour
- oil for frying
- Measure the cashew nuts into a blender of processor.
- Whiz until finely chopped.
- Add to a bowl with the breadcrumbs, thyme and Cheddar.
- Boil the potato in boiling water until soft. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, leek, carrot and mushrooms.
- Fry for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and fry for one minute.
- Tip into the breadcrumb mixture with the potato and honey. Mash together and season.
- Shape into 8 burgers. Coat in the flour, then fry in a little oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.