A fun creation to add to any foodie spread, this edible caterpillar will be eaten in no time. Kids love it!
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 4 slices brown bread, crusts removed
- 4 desert spoons cream cheese
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 1 small tomato, deseeded & diced
- 2 large slices smoked salmon
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 peas
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1 sweetcorn kernel
- salad cress
- cocktail sticks
- Cover the bread with clingfilm, then roll out thinly using a rolling pin.
- For the cream cheese, mango and tomato pinwheels, take 2 slices of bread and spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice, followed by the mango chutney. Sprinkle over the tomato.
- For the salmon and cream cheese pinwheels, spread the remaining cream cheese over the bread, then cover with a layer of smoked salmon.
- Roll up each slice of bread, then cut each one into 5 pinwheels. Arrange them to make the caterpillar’s body.
- For the decoration, cut the cucumber into thick slices, then cut each slice into quarters, to make the caterpillar’s feet. Arrange them along the pinwheel body. Using short lengths of cocktail stick, attach 2 peas to the cherry tomato for the eyes, and 1 kernel of sweetcorn for the nose. (Make sure the cocktail sticks are removed before eating.) Attach the face and feet to the caterpillar and add some cut salad cress for the grass.