Lentils are a good source of protein, fibre, potassium, zinc & folic acid, making them a nutritious ingredient for growing babies.
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & chopped
- 25 g red pepper, cored, deseeded & chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp red lentils
- 250 ml boiling water or unsalted vegetable stock
- 50 g grated Cheddar cheese
- Sauté the onion, carrot and red pepper in the vegetable oil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse the lentils and add them to the pan and pour over the boiling water or vegetable stock
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are quite mushy
- Top up with a little more water if necessay but there should only be a litle liquid left at the end
- Stir in the Cheddar cheese and purée using a hand blender