Mozzarella is a good source of calcium, so it’s a good lunchbox filling & tastes heavenly in this wrap with sticky caramelised red onions.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 2 large tortillas
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ball mozzarella
- 25 g handful rocket leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non stick frying pan, add the onions and thyme and stir over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and seasoning and continue to cook for a 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up and cook for one minute until all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Heat the tortillas according to the packet instructions – either in a microwave or in a dry frying pan.
- Divide the cooked onion mixture between the tortillas, slice the mozzarella and lay on top of the onions and season.
- Toss the rocket leaves with the rest of the oil and balsamic vinegar and place on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and then cut in half diagonally before serving.