Give babies a superfood boost by adding kale to this puree combo of butternut squash, broccoli & peas.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200 g peeled butternut squash, diced
- 350 ml unsalted or weak vegetable stock
- 100 g broccoli florets
- 40 g trimmed kale leaves, washed
- 50 g frozen peas
- 20 g grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and squash and sauté for 1 minute, then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, kale and peas and simmer for a further 6 – 8 minutes until tender.
- Puree in a blender until smooth or your desired consistency. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.