Braised Beef with Sweet Potato Puree
The secret to making this dish so irresistible is by adding orange juice. Believe it or not, it brings out the most deliciously sweet flavour that babies will love.
- 20 g butter or margarine
- 1 leek, washed & sliced
- 125 g braising steak, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp flour
- 110 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 275 g sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- 250 ml chicken stock
- juice of 1 orange
- Melt the butter or margarine in a flameproof casserole dish and sauté the leek for about 4 minutes until softened.
- Roll the meat in the flour; add to the leek and sauté until browned.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potato, stock and orange juice.
- Bring to the boil and transfer to an oven preheated to 180C/250F/Gas 4 for 1 ½ hours or until the meat is tender.
- Blend to a puree or your desired consistency using as much of the cooking liquid as necessary