Blue Cheese and Pecan Salad
In need of salad inspo? Look no further than this blue cheese & pecan salad.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 knob of butter
- 100 g pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 150 g blue cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and slowly sweat until soft, then increase the heat and caramelise the onions.
- Tip into a large mixing bowl. Melt the butter in the same pan.
- Add the pecans and sugar and toast over a high heat until caramelised. Tip into the mixing bowl.
- Add the salad leaves, blue cheese and balsamic vinegar and toss together and season with salt and pepper.