BLT with Maple Roasted Bacon
Liven-up soggy sandwiches with a strip or two of deliciously sweet maple cured bacon, wedged in-between fresh lettuce & juicy tomato slices.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, rind removed
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 slices bread, lightly buttered
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 leaves little gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/400°F/Gas 6/Fan 180°.
- Put a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet and sit the bacon on the rack. Roast for 12-13 minutes, until the bacon is starting to crisp.
- Carefully brush both sides of the bacon rashers with the maple syrup and roast for a further 2 minutes.
- Brush once more and roast for a final 2-3 minutes, watching carefully.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. If making for a lunchbox, refrigerate the bacon until thoroughly chilled before making the sandwich.
- Spread one of the slices of bread with mayonnaise and scatter over the lettuce. Sit the tomato and bacon on top then sandwich with the second slice of bread.
- Cut in half diagonally and serve, or wrap for the lunchbox.