Beef Teriyaki Skewers
What’s a summer grill without beef teriyaki skewers? Top sirloin chunks, marinated in soy sauce, mirin, rice wine vinegar and sesame seeds. Serve with a delicious Asian inspired salad on the side for the perfect summer lunch.
- 6 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 x 200g sirloin steaks, sliced into strips
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- 100g beansprouts
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the steak and leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Soak 6 wooden skewers in water . Thread the steak onto the skewers.
- Heat a large flat frying pan until hot. Add 1 tbsp of oil. Fry the skewers for 1 to 2 minutes each side until golden and just cooked. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Reduce by half, then pour over the skewers.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients into a bowl. Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a jug. Pour over the salad and toss together . Serve the salad with the skewers