This is the perfect way to use left-over roast beef…transform it into these super-tasty croquettes from Annabel’s brand new cookbook Real Food Kids Will Love. And now you can bag your very own copy for FREE with Farmdrop.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 150g/5oz cooked mashed
- potatoes, cooled
- 75g/3oz cold roast beef (see
- pages 48–9), finely chopped
- 50g/2oz carrot, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp sun-dried tomato paste
- a few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 50g/2oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- Put all of the ingredients (except the oil) in a bowl, season lightly with salt and pepper, then mix until well combined. Shape into 6 sausage shapes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the croquettes and fry for 3–4 minutes, turning them until lightly golden all over and heated through.
- Alternatively, bake them in an oven preheated to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 on a greased baking sheet for 12 minutes.
- The cooked croquettes can be frozen (once cooled) for up to 3 months. Defrost, then reheat for 10–12 minutes in the oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4, or until warmed through.