Barbecue Chicken Wings
Chicken wings don’t have to be spicy, instead follow this recipe for finger-licking deliciousness that the whole family can enjoy.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 6 whole chicken wings
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 15 g butter
- 1-2 tsp sweet chilli sauce (or to taste)
- paprika, salt & pepper to season
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/ 400ºF/Gas 6/Fan 180ºC. (if using)
- Cut off the tips of the chicken wings at the joint and discard. Cut the remaining part of the wing into two at the joint and put on a baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper and a little paprika, and bake for 40–45 minutes until golden and crisp. Alternatively, you can grill or BBQ the wings for 20–30 minutes.
- Meanwhile put the tomato ketchup, stock, butter and chilli sauce in a small pan. Heat gently, stirring until the butter has melted, then remove from the heat.
- Transfer the cooked wings to a large bowl, pour over the sauce and toss to coat the wings. Return the wings to their baking sheet and bake for a further 5–7 minutes, until glazed, or grill/BBQ for an extra 2–3 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers are unlikely, but the cooled wings will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. They don’t reheat that well but are just as yummy served cold!