Made with wholesome ingredients, these mini Banana Muffins are ideal for little fingers although it will be hard keeping the grown-ups away from them. They make a perfect snack while on-the-go or great for little lunch boxes too on those school days or sunny picnics in the park. Best of all, these Banana Muffins can be easily frozen so why not make up a batch today and store them in the freezer so you have them available a short notice?
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 55 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 large, very ripe banana, well mashed
- 55 ml sunflower oil
- 85 g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt (omit for under 1 year olds)
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan. Line 2 mini muffin tins with mini muffin liners.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until thick, stir in the banana and oil.
- Sift on the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt (if using). Then add the vanilla extract and bran left in the sieve, to the bowl too.
- Stir together until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin cases (around 2/3 full) and bake 12-14 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Remove and cool.
- Store in an airtight box for up to 3 days or freeze (defrost at room temp approx 1 hour).