Baby’s First Omelette
It’s all in the presentation when it comes to enticing little ones, and this twist on an egg-classic is a finger food win!
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 basil leaf, chopped
- 10g courgette, grated
- 10g carrot, peeled and grated
- 10g cooked peas
- 5g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- a small knob of butter
- Crack the egg into a small mixing bowl and add the milk, basil, vegetables and cheese. Beat together until well mixed.
- Heat a small 20-23cm non-stick frying pan until hot.
- Add the oil and butter and coat the base of the pan. When the butter is foaming, add the mixture and swirl around the pan.
- Heat for 1 ½ – 2 minutes until the base has set. Carefully turn over and cook on the other side for 30 seconds so that the egg is lightly cooked but not completely set.
- Place on a board and stamp out fun shapes using small cutters. Arrange on a plate and serve.