- 50g courgette, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g potato, peeled and finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch cinnamon
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 white pitta for dipping
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan about 20cm wide.
- Add the onion, pepper, courgette and potato and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme and puree. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 25 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the sauce has reduced.
- Make two holes in the mixture.
- Crack the eggs into the holes and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny.
- Toast the pitta and cut into lengths for dipping.